November 22nd, 2006
NOTE: You may need to view this post in a browser to see the content
I made this demo ages ago, it’s a pretty accurate imitation of the engine in Super Mario Bros (the 16-bit version from Super Mario All-Stars). It’s a pretty nifty find since I completely forgot I made it. I was experimenting with more advanced tile engines in Flash and this was one of many experiments towards that end. Click on the game, then use “A”, “Z”, and the arrow keys to control Mario.
I really need to make a new game.
Update: Sorry, I’m not handing out the source code. This was an experiment, an incomplete project I created just to see if it would work. Simply put, if you know enough Actionscript to make a game with the source code to this one, then you could’ve written it yourself anyway.Â
Update 2: I think I wasn’t clear enough. The reason I’m not offering up source code is because it’s old, incomplete, and not good to learn off of. It’s actually in an archive which is in another archive, and within that archive it’s in an “incomplete” section. If you really need help these sites are also old and flawed, but far easier to learn from than anything this game would provide.